Thursday, June 5, 2008

There Can Only Be One (Ticket Available)


I'm going to tonight's Red Sox/Rays game scheduled to start @ 6:05 PM so people have enough time to get to a TV to see the long awaited Celtics vs. Lakers series finally jump off. I can't wait to see all of those sportswriters, NBA analysts and basketball experts to see first hand that they don't know shit.

The Celtics were picked to lose against the Cavaliers and the Detroit Pistons after their 7 game series against the Atlanta Hawks in the opening round of the NBA playoffs while the Lakers flew through their "competition". By this same thinking, the Red Sox should've lost to the red hot Colorado Rockies in the World Series...but that didn't happen now, did it?

I'm sick of talking/writing about it and I'm happy it'll finally happen because it felt like this day would never come. In all my years of going to Red Sox games (and I've been to quite a few) I've never been to a game that they lost. Not even when I went to the game that Boomer got Charlie Browned on the mound that one time.

I sit in Section 12 behind a beam so I can see the pitcher start the wind up and see the pitch come from behind the beam. When Boomer got hit all I saw was one of his arms laid out and the top of his head. I had to call home from my seat to figure out what happened! I also saw Clay Buccholz win his first major league game against the Angels in the 1st game of that day/night double header last summer on my birthday. Hopefully, the two streaks continue since the Red Sox have won 12 straight games in Fenway Park.

I don't live far from Fenway Park so I can walk home after the game with hella time left before the jumpoff jumps off. In related news, Reebok has released their new campaign featuring Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo. Here's one of the spots below:



Tomorrow I'll do What's New In Dart's iPod #33 containing reviews of the following projects:



Hopefully it'll go 2-0 for the night and I'll have a good theme for tomorrow's post. See you all Friday. Go Celtics!

One.

No comments: