Sunday, December 28, 2008

Welcome To Heartbreak © Kanye West

Tom Brady goes out with a season ending injury in the 1st game of the season. His replacement Matt Cassel looked like shit in the NFL Preseason but he ends up with damn near a 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio, 63% completions and threw for a gang of yards (3700 yds 21 TD's 11 INT's and 73 rushes 273 yds 2 TD's) leading the team to an 11-5 record when most people (including myself) thought their win ceiling would be 10 at the most. I really couldn't ask for anything more from this season considering the fact that they had so many injuries to key players.

The New England Patriots missed the playoffs by going 11-5 the season after losing the Super Bowl on the final play of the game when they were previously 18-0. I honestly can't handle anymore NFL related disappointment. I have NO expectations for next year...perhaps that's for the best since the days of Super Bowl contention may have died with this season. I fully expect my readers over @ Armchair Linebacker to call for my ouster after all of my belly aching and whining about the Pats this past season. After the Super Bowl is over and I do my playoff recaps they might finally get their wish.

One.

2 comments:

vincentlopez said...

Unfortunately, I'm from Philly so I was elated that the Patriots lost and were ousted from the playoffs. I've never rooted for the Dolphins so much in my life. And then the Eagles stomped Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vincent
think.wordpress.com

S-Diggy said...

yeah man,
this shit kinda sucks. but honestly, i can't complain. we lost our key player in game one of the season, and this dude Cassel came out like a fuckin man and did his thing. if only mr favre had a lil gas left in his tank. he bombed that last game with that pick he threw on the screen pass..

and you heard about Brady probably missing all of next season?
if he does, he's never gonna be the Brady he was before this season...again