Friday, February 1, 2008

A What’s New In Dart’s iPod Special Edition AKA The 1st Of The Month


Hello, true believers! The only "release" worth any attention that has recently surfaced was Kool G Rap's new project on Koch "Half A Klip". This album has been pushed back twice since it was originally announced and now it's time to find out why:

Unfortunately, it seems to be nothing more than an extended EP a la Big Noyd's "Episodes Ov A Hustla". A bunch of these songs sound like outtakes from "The Gianacana Story". The song "With a Bullet" is just a Big Daddy Kane-less remix of the classic joint "#1 With A Bullet" from the last Kool G Rap & DJ Polo album "Live And Let Die" and the song "On The Rise Again" just sounds like a DJ Premier ProTools retooling. The vocals clearly weren't originally recorded to that beat..no bloody way in hell. Just listen closely to the song for God's sake!

The two bonus tracks consist of yet another version of "What's More Realer Than That?" that's 1:05 longer than the other and has a different beat (d.original?) and another version of "On The Rise Again" that may or may not be edited. That brings the total amount to 11 tracks (except for the fact that two songs are repeats and one "song" is comprised of 15 year old verses reworked into a new beat). I honestly don't know who would pay for this release given those facts. I love G Rap but what the fuck is this shit? This joint gets the gas face and the bozack for trying to pass off a glorified mixtape/remix album as a proper release.


What's currently in my iPod Nano:




Albums I'm looking forward to reviewing once they leak...I mean drop:


Also looking forward to:

AZ-Undeniable
Rhymefest-El Che
Vandalyzm-Megatron Majorz
Skillz-The Million Dollar Backpack
Joe Budden-Padded Room
Prodigy-H.N.I.C 2

Dart's Fat Tape/CD-R (as of February 2nd, 2008):

God Bless And Goodnight-Billy Danze (M.O.P.)
Neva Hafta Worry-Snoop Dogg f/Uncle Chucc
Find A Way-Santogold
Butterfly Effect-Ras Kass
Run-Gnarls Barkley
20K Brothers On The Corner-The Clipse
Everybody Nose-N.E.R.D
#8-Jean Grae & 9th Wonder
I Need Those Flashing Lights-Colin Munroe
Livin' Tha Life-Prodigy
Best Believe-Pete Rock f/Redman
Tight Eyes-Nicolay & Kay
Ain't I-Jay-Z
Who Shot Ya?-Papoose
The Creator-Santogold
Young Vet-Prodigy
Love Don't-C.R.A.C Knuckles (Blu & Ta'raach)
Momma, Can You Hear Me?-Talib Kweli
The Healer-Erykah Badu
Grand Theft Auto-Nicolay & Kay
Switch-Torae
Spanish Winter-Blu

Does this look like a bomb to you? © The entire world to Bostonians on 1.31.07

One.


6 comments:

@slushygutter said...

Is that Del on Def Jux? I had heard he got signed there. If so, should be real interesting.

Anonymous said...

Dag, I was really looking forward to that G Rap.That disappointing, eh?

Domenic 'Dom Corleone' said...

hey sorry about the Giants.. there's always next year HAHA

Anonymous said...

What up Dart? It's good that I checked by here to see what new music is hitting or has hit the shelves. That 9th Wonder is something that I want to check out. Thanks for posting that stuff. Also, you know I got to ask you about the Patriots' loss to the Giants. What's your take on all that?

ill_chemist

Dart Adams said...

Read my lone statement about my beloved Pats colossal failure over at Armchair Linebackers @ http://reggieroby.blogspot.com/

One.

Anonymous said...

Cool. I just read your view on the Patriot's loss to the Giants. I agree with all that you said and I can also add that Tom Brady might have to get pyschiatric help because he has to be losing his mind over the fact that he's lost to a Manning in the playoffs in back to back seasons. It would seriously piss me off.

In other news, the Celtics look like they got all other teams in the East down on their knees and hopefully we'll see the match up in the Finals with my Lakers.

ill_chemist