Monday, April 27, 2009

Dart Adams presents The Mystery Of Dart

As most of you regular readers know, I prefer to write about things rather than myself...although from time to time I'll throw you all a bone and reveal some of my extensive and varied background. It's been almost three years and I think I've written my government name once one this blog and never even posted a picture of myself. I've previously written about a few of my jobs, my time at Morgan State University in Baltimore, even dropped some clues about my previous life as an emcee but I've never really gone into detail about it save for the revisited version of "Please Listen To My Demo © EPMD". I guess I still haven't decided to face it yet.

I realized that a great amount of my readers still have a number of questions regarding me, this blog and the features on it and my past. This really hit me hard when I started on Twitter and I discovered exactly how many questions I'd left in the air considering all the shit I know. I guess the fact that even people in Boston aren't aware who I am although they've communicated with me since 2005 has left even more questions in the air. The purpose of me doing this so that I can write about whoever and whatever I want without anyone feeling that I'm just cosigning my friends or affiliates. In order to do so I completely removed myself from the scene.


The thing is that same approach I took on BostonRap.com back in 2005 soon spread to AllHipHop.com & XXL.com in 2006. When I decided to start this blog during my time at AllHipHop.com I figured "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" so I've remained the faceless but highly opinionated blogger who rarely does interviews and doesn't get photographed. A few people have seen me out in public and asked if I was Dart Adams (which surprised the hell out of me) so it's hilarious that I've managed to keep this up this long. One day soon, the "mask" will come off and like Ghostface Killah once said "Once the face got revealed, the game got real".

One.

3 comments:

Dioracat said...

HONESTLY. How you gonna call this the mystery of Dart and make it seem like you gonna reveal some shit and then NOT?

Dart Adams said...

@ Dioracat:

The purpose was to make three Doom related posts using song titles from his debut LP "Operation Doomsday", namely the tracks "The Mystery Of Doom", "Who You Think I Am?" & "Doom, Are You Awake?". I won't make any real reveals until later.

Sorry, Sun!

One.

Dioracat said...

Oh, *I* see what you did there. Carry on!