Friday, February 9, 2007

Rest In Eternal Peace, J Dilla

My fellow blogger and Bostonian Boomer has made an excellent post dedicated to one of the greatest beatmakers in the entire history of hip hop music, James Yancey AKA J Dilla. This man was resposible for crafting some of the illest joints ever. His drums were crazy and he was a big influence on my teams production style (Hellsenda Productions). I can't believe he's been gone from us in the physical for a year now...I remember seeing the pictures of him performing in his wheelchair overseas on that blog and it hurts me looking at those pictures even to this day.

As for Boomer's extensive Dilla post, I couldn't have done it better myself (No really...he has some shit Dilla made that I never even heard of...and I have Donuts, The Shining, Ruff Draft, Jaylib, Jay Loves Japan, and Welcome To Detroit and about 60 Dilla instrumentals all on my hard drive on my Mac G5). Please make it a point to check Boomers post out on his blog here:

http://mfboomer.blogspot.com/

Rest In Eternal Peace, Dilla. Your music lives on through your fans. One.

2 comments:

Boomer said...

Thanks for the props. Dilla Tribute part 2 to come!

Olskool4real said...

That's what's up Thank You!! Also good to know you aint that stuck on your own blog that you can't put another cat down!! That love man!! Thanks !!